To get the most out of your Vix Wix candles, follow these tips! Your candle will last longer and burn cleaner.
- All candles have a "memory". The first time you light your candle allow it to burn long enough to create a melt pool of wax across the whole diameter of the jar. This will prevent tunneling of your candle and allow an even burn. This can take up to several hours, depending on the size of your candle.
- Do not burn for more than four hours at a time - your candle glass container can overheat and crack.
- Always trim your wick to 5mm before lighting your candle (yes, every single time) to prevent soot and smoking.
- Do not burn when there is less than 1cm of wax left in the bottom
- Do not blow out your candle or use the candle lid to extinguish the flame as this can create black soot around your candle. Use a candle snuffer
- Your candle may discolour if it is exposed to direct light. It is best not to keep them on window sills for this reason.
- Candles that contain vanilla may turn a pale yellow with time.
- Keep candle free of foreign materials including matches and wick trimmings
- Never burn on or near anything that could catch fire
- Never burn while unattended
- Keep out of reach of children and pets